Gender Inequality Essay Topics
1. Gender and Economics: Gendered Pay
The implications of pay differences among men and women in different industries.
2. Gender and language: Masculinity versus Femininity
A discourse analysis on the masculinity and femininity of certain languages that trigger gender inequality.
3. Gender Inequality in the Society: Theory and Practice
Building a discourse on gender based on different theoretical bases.
4. Battle of the Sexes: Male and Female Dichotomy
This gender essay topic will focus on he competition between male and female in different aspects of the society.
5. Dealing with Patriarchy: Where is Equality?
Defining patriarchy and how it takes away equality.
6. The Feminist Stigma: Why Men are Afraid of Feminism
This gender inequality essay topic will delve deep on the concept of feminism and why it is misunderstood by the society.
7. Feminism and Intersectionality: Why it Matters
The importance of intersectionality in a gender sensitive community.
8. Gender Discrimination: History and Culture
Historicizing patriarchy in the context of culture.
9. Men Over Women: Why Men are Perceived Superior in the Society
Gender roles in the society and the superiority of the male character.
10. Gendered Employment: Men versus Women in the Workplace
Why men are still favored over women in the society.
11. The Rise of Feminist Ideology in Contemporary Society
Explaining feminist ideology in theory in the actual conditions of the society.
12. Gender in Capitalism: Capitalizing on the Gender Struggle
How capitalism uses the issue of the gender struggle in forwarding their capitalistic intentions.
13. The Gender Struggle: The Strife for Equality in the Society
Who affects the gender struggle? Why does equality matter in the society.
14. Race, Gender and Culture: Defeating the Dichotomies
These three aspects of the society are the main reason why discrimination continues to flourish and makes the concept of inequality seem to be far-fetched.
15. The History of the Patriarchy: Tracing the Roots of Gender Inequality
Identifying the roots of patriarchy in the society, putting focus on the male privilege.
16. The Rise of Female Agency: The Role of Feminism in Women’s Rights
Female empowerment and women’s rights as the actualization of women in the society.
17. 1st to 3rd Waves: Feminism over the Years, the Good and the Bad
Explaining the different waves of feminism and laying out the details of the intentions of each wave.
18. Misogyny and Sexism: Why it Continues to Happen in the 21st Century
Laying down the roots of misogyny and sexism in the contemporary society.
19. Misogyny: Internalized Hatred for Women
Identifying misogyny as a trait in individuals triggered by different aspects of society, history and culture.
20. The Value of Women Empowerment in Different Aspects of the Society
Building a discourse on women empowerment and how it helps all women around the world.
21. Beating Oppression: The Implications of Patriarchy in the Society
A showcase of actual implications of patriarchy.
22. Writing About Gender Inequality: History, Culture and Society
A discussion on how to write about issues on inequality; using concepts from history culture and society.
23. The Female Liberation: Women Empowerment throughout the Years
Focusing on the rise of the female agency.
24. The Male Gaze in Media: Objectification of Women in Movies and Television
Why women are objectified through their sexuality in media.
25. Objectifying Women: From Politics to Culture
Why is objectification embedded even in politics and culture.
26. The Female as Male Trophy: Unequal Roles in the Family
Objectifying women often leads to building an image of the woman as a trophy of the man, especially in marriage.
27. Inculcating Gender Equality: The Issue of Gender in Education
How is gender embedded in the educational system.
28. The Gender Spectrum: The Plight of the LGBTQI+ Community
The LGBTQI+ struggle and discourse.
29. Marching for Pride: The LGBTQI+ and Discrimination in the Society
Why is the LGBTQI+ community still not completely accepted in the society.
30. Sexism in Hollywood: Gender Discrimination in Casting, Employment and More
Issues on gender in Hollywood as claimed by famous actresses.
31. Gender and Media: the Sexualization of the Female Identity
Why does the media opt to utilize the sexuality of the female in order to convey a message.
32. Gender and Sexuality: The Female Agency and Empowerment in the Discourse of Sex
Why is there a stigma put on women who choose to be empowered in the context and discourse of sex.
33. Why Female Sexuality is a Threat for Males
Why are men threatened when women embrace their own sexuality.
34. Gender and Sexuality in Popular Culture
How is gender and sexuality conveyed in popular culture which is also a tool of capitalism.
35. Women in Popular Culture
A discussion of popular female icons in popular culture; heroines and fairytale princesses.
36. The Male Gaze
The contribution of the male perspective in the objectification of women especially in movies.
37. The Culture of Discrimination in Gender
This gender essay topic will focus on the implications of discrimination in the marginalized gender.
38. Why Gender Identity is Important
A discussion of gender and its contribution in the formation of identity.
39. Gender Performativity
Performativity as a way to understand the dynamics of Gender according to Judith Butler and other scholars.
40. The Hope For Equality
Gender inequality as only one of the factors in the long term struggle for social equality.
Although most developed countries put considerable effort into battling gender inequality, and humanity managed to achieve remarkable progress in this area over the last century or so, it still remains one of the most problematic issues modern society has to deal with. Unfortunately, most of the aforementioned progress has been only conspicuous in western societies, while in many developing countries there were no noticeable advances for a long time, sometimes for centuries.
Even today, in the 21st century, barbarous practices like forced marriages and female genital mutilation are still rampant in Africa and Middle East, so it is safe to assume that we have a very long way to go towards worldwide gender equality. Therefore, it is no wonder that students are so often assigned to write opinion essays that deal with this topic.
Gender equality and inequality is an incredibly broadly defined area of research. If you put a little bit of thought into it you can come up with any number of fascinating, creative and original topics for your opinion essay. Here you can see a few examples:
- Does Gender Inequality Still Exist in the American Workplace?
- Gender Equality in Western Society: Achievements and Prospects
- Does Gender Help or Hinder Women in the Workplace?
- Main Obstacles for Achieving Workplace Gender Equality in Modern Society
- Roots of Gender Inequality and Their Expression in Today’s Society
- The United States and Gender Equality: Where Do We Stand?
- Gender Equality in Science
- State Enforcement of Gender Equality Laws: Is It Really Effective?
- Gender Equality and Gender-Blindness: Differences and Common Features
- Gender Equality: Are Women Still Being Held Back by Stereotypes?
- Gender Disparity in Education and Workplace: Results and Future Goals
- The Role of Gender Equality in Upbringing of Children
- Is True Gender Equality Achievable?
- Gender Equality and Peace: Are They Connected?
- Gender Equality and its Role in Economic Development
- Gender Equality and Family Division of Labor
- Gender Equality in Politics: What Does It Mean?
- What Does Gender Inequality Cost Us Economically?
- Gender Disparity in the World of Science: Why It Exists
- Gender Inequality in the Modern Family
Nice topics, aren’t they? And the best part of it is that you don’t have to do any prolonged and tiresome research to come up with a similar idea on your own. Gender equality or inequality is a kind of topic that, to some extent, encompasses the entirety of human experience. You may take a look at virtually any part of your life and be sure to find some food for thought that, after proper consideration, can be turned into a top-notch topic pertaining to this broad issue.
Your essay may take an economic, sociological, psychological, ethnographical, historical or, in fact, any other turn – you just have to use a little bit of imagination and creativity in defining your approach. After all, with this area of study being that popular, you are sure to find data for your research no matter what you choose.
4.80 avg. rating (93% score) - 5 votes
Tags: college essay topics, essay topics, essay writing topics